About Sponsors

Fauji Foundation (also known as Fauji Group), is amongst the largest business conglomerate in Pakistan which “Earns To Serve” the interests of ex-servicemen.

  • It is basically a Charitable Trust founded in 1954 for the welfare of the ex-servicemen and their dependents.
  • It is incorporated under the Charitable Endowments Act 1890.

The history of Fauji Foundation dates back to 1945, when a Post War Services Reconstruction Fund (PWSRF) was established for Indian War Veterans who served the British Crown during WW-II. At the time of partition (1947) when Pakistan came into being, the balance fund was transferred to Pakistan in the proportion of its post WW-II veterans. Till 1953, the fund remained in the custody of the civilian Government, when in 1954 it was transferred to the Army.

The Army instead of disbursing the balance fund of about Rs 18.2 millions (USD 0.2 million) among the beneficiaries, invested it in establishing a Textile Mill. Later from the income of the textile mill, it established first 50 bedded TB hospital at Rawalpindi.

Fauji foundation is proud that from Rs 18.2 million in 1953, it today runs more than 18 industries, the income from which is utilized to serve about 9 million beneficiaries (5 % of countrys population). Generally, more than 80 percent of the income goes towards the welfare activities every year.

The welfare is conducted through health care, education and vocational/technical training. To a limited extent welfare is also a by- product of employment generated for the beneficiaries through commercial and welfare activities. Presently, the welfare is conducted through 143 medical facilities, 142 Schools & Colleges, 45 Foundation Institue Technology.

With a vision to acquire self – sufficiency in fertilizer production in the country, FFC was incorporated in 1978 as a private limited company. This was a joint venture between Fauji Foundation (a leading charitable trust in Pakistan) and Haldor Topsoe A/S of Denmark.

The initial share capital of the company was 813.9 Million Rupees. The present share capital of the company stands above Rs. 8.48 Billion. Additionally, FFC has more than Rs. 8.3 Billion as long term investments which include stakes in the subsidiaries FFBL, FFCEL and associate FCCL.

FFC commenced commercial production of urea in 1982 with annual capacity of 570,000 metric tons.

  • Through De-Bottle Necking (DBN) program, the production capacity of the existing plant increased to 695,000 metric tons per year.
  • Production capacity was enhanced by establishing a second plant in 1993 with annual capacity of 635,000 metric tons of urea.
  • FFC participated as a major shareholder in a new DAP/Urea manufacturing complex with participation of major international/national institutions. The new company Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Limited (formerly FFC-Jordan Fertilizer Company Limited) commenced commercial production with effect from January 01, 2000. The facility is designed with an annual capacity of 551,000 metric tons of urea and 445,500 metric tons of DAP, revamped to 670,000 metric tons of DAP.
  • In the year 2002, FFC acquired ex Pak Saudi Fertilizers Limited (PSFL) Urea Plant situated at Mirpur Mathelo, District Ghotki from National Fertilizer Corporation (NFC) through privatisation process of the Government of Pakistan. It has annual production capacity of 574,000 metric tons urea which has been revamped to 718,000 metric tons urea in 2009.
  • This acquisition at Rs. 8,151 million represented the largest industrial sector transactions in Pakistan at that time.